Monday, January 4, 2010

Joie de Vivre

I really don't write as much as I like .. why did I even start a blog?

I spent Christmas in the mountains with my brother and his girlfriends family. I sat by the fire, drank wine, listened to carols, and read the entire twilight series. I must have been a little dizzy from the high altitude that I actually read Twilight (because silly vampire romance doesn't do i
t for me) well not usually but I have to admit I fell in love with the books. So my apologies for laughing at everyone else I know that has read them... It really was a beautiful story of life, love, and struggle. I really enjoyed spending time with this family for the holidays although I was sad to not see my own family. I can't begin to explain the beauty of the snow covered mountains on Christmas day. I was born to see sights like that.

As for adventure, I'm learning how to snowboard! It has been a wild time and I've already dislocated my shoulder.. my new dear friend Nate has been generous enough to give me all the gear I need to look legit.. now if only I could master my mad skill! However, I am going to give myself the credit that I never thought I'd be able to snowboard down a mountain and actually be ok enough to do it a second or third time. I've even made it down the entire mountain without falling. Joie de Vivre was a term recently introduced to me by a distant cousin I have in Alaska. Its about loving and enjoying life, even the times when you fall face first into the snow. I may not be the best snowboarder and the little four year olds may pass me but I truly enjoy being able to participate in the activity. Besides being on top of a mountain in the snow is so worth the occasional fall.. it's a beautiful sight!

2009 was about healing from my little brother's death, celebrating my college graduation, learning about community and life in Haiti, Relationship building with my friends and my God at Covenant Heights Camp, and exploring this wonderful state of Colorado. I grew up a lot in 2009, learned a lot about myself and learned a lot about life. I realized what I cherished the most and what I truly wanted out of life. I learned how to relax, have fun, explore, love, and have peace of mind. Now in 2010 I really want to know what it is I've been made to do. Although video production is my passion.. helping others and traveling also has my heart and attention. I know I want to combine both and perhaps someday I will.. but for now if I'm going to figure out what it is God has for me. I have some opportunities coming up for job possibilities and I fear if I write about them then they won't happen :) but I am hopeful that God does have a plan and purpose for me.. why else would I ditch all my securities and move across the country? I'm starting to feel more at home in Colorado and at the same time I'm becoming kind of restless here. I often think about moving to Alaska.. I don't know why but I feel that I need some new adventure in my life. I recently read "When God Writes Your Love Story" and have since felt that I need to continue to embrace my singleness and my passions to continue to move around and share life with others. I know I'm not here to stay, at least I don't feel that way and I'm trying not to become attached to anyone so if I do leave it'll be easier. However I do cherish everyone in my life and everyone who has encouraged me to chase my dreams. I know 2010 will be a big year. And I want to glorify Christ for all he has done for me. So Happy New Year and I wish you the best in all that you pursue. And I urge you to chase your dreams and live for the moments that make you feel alive.




2 comments:

Karina said...

um...so you may be like me and post once in a blue moon (which there was one on Dec. 31 lol), but when you do post, they are MAGNIFICENT!
I just wanted to let you know that your text on New Year's brought a tear to my eye...we are brilliant, passionate, beautiful and spectacular women, and we owe it to ourselves to follow our dreams.
You know I am behind whatever you do 100%, and I am so thankful that I got to opportunity to meet you and get to know you and be your friend. No matter where you go, I will always keep in touch, and if I have a few hundred dollars lying around, you can bet I'll visit.
ps: I bought a ski jacket this weekend and I'm going to learn how to ski or snowboard (whichever hurts the least lol). I don't want my fear to hold me back from anything anymore!
Love you!

Holly Rae said...

Anne,
I didn't know about your little brother. I'm sorry to hear.
I read the entire Twilight series over Thanksgiving but wasn't so impressed. I thought the writing was good but anticlimactic for the most part. They were however much better than the movies.
If you ever want another adventure, you've always got a place to stay in Missoula! Maybe we can get Karina out here this summer & she can pick you up along the way! I think that's a spectacular idea, whatdya think? I'm going to try and cnovince both of you anyways.

Post a Comment