Sunday, March 7, 2010

Living The Dream

One of my favorite quotes is: Where ever you go, go with all your heart - Confucius

A friend of my father wrote this to me a few days before I left for Haiti, and it became the theme to my journey to Colorado. When I moved here in June I really didn't know what to expect. As a little girl I can remember always thinking, I can't wait to move out on my own and find my own adventure in life.

This past week has been such an exciting week for me. Let me tell you how my adventure is continuing to grow. Last week I interviewed for an editor position with a new reality show being shot here in Colorado. The producer is working with Tom Hanks production company out of LA to produce this show here.. and I got an interview for it. Who would have thought I would score an interview, but I did. Man I was nervous! SO I interviewed to be the editor for this show which is still working on the pilot episode. During the interview they told me I was one of 15 interviewees and I would hear in a week if I made it in the top three. The opportunity would be amazing.. I would have connections and resources at my disposal for my own productions. It is the opportunity I've been waiting for.. The LA scene in Colorado. So let's jump forward a week..


I was running in the morning with some friends at Red Rocks when I got a voicemail.. it was the production company. I made the top three! OH WAIT.. actually I am the ONLY one they chose! The producer told me he loved me so much and just enjoyed my interview more then anyone else's they didn't know who to pair against me. AHH! How exciting.. I seriously started sprinting around those steps. The possibilities if I get this job are endless.. experience, credentials, and resources to pitch and produce my own production. So now I wait to hear back about the next steps.

Well after I received this good news I had a meeting at the LightGroup Media, a corporate video company I have been doing contract work for since August, project based. I went here thinking I was going to be brought on as an editor or transcriber for a new project so I didn't think much of it. Well it turned out to be an interview/invitation to come along side as a consultant to be their production coordinator for video case studies they're going to begin producing. Again big big news! It would be part time so I can continue freelancing and pursuing my film dreams but these case studies are going to be in a storytelling format.. just my speciality! Can I tell you how overwhelmed with good news I was Wednesday. I was heading to meet up with some friends after this meeting and it was at sunset.. and there is nothing more beautiful then a Colorado sunset over the rocky mountains. I took one look at it and began crying because I am just so pumped that it is ok to chase dreams and have goals. I've always feared having do live the routine life of: high school, college, 9-5 job, husband, kids, bills, once a year vacation, retirement, death... Don't get me wrong that is great for some people, but ugh I would rather run into a brick wall for fun then live my life according to that process.

Someone told me the other day I was way too motivated and I laughed. This person continued to tell me there's no reason to be so driven in life. I sat back and looked at everything I've done since I moved here, and he was right. I am a go-getter on crack. But in my interview at the LightGroup they said that's why they love me. And it's why I've learned to love myself.

I don't settle, I dream big, and I have joy in what I do. There are song lyrics that say "Don't be scared of what you cannot see, your only fear is possibility" I have no idea what these new opportunities will bring but I am open to whatever comes my way. If you don't take chances then you won't know what's out there for you. There are two things that make me come alive in life.. one is the view from the top of a mountain, and the second is storytelling through video production. Where ever you go.. go with all your heart. I definitely came to Colorado and have lived every day with all of my heart. I finally feel like this is where I'm suppose to be.


Well I'm going to end this with I'm climbing Quandary Peak next Saturday which is a 14er in CO. yay! I'll post pictures when I get back down from the mountain. I can't wait to build my home at the top of a 14er someday :)

Peace out homies, thanks for reading, annd always dream big!

2 comments:

Karina said...

thank you for the inspiration...I REALLY needed it this week.
SO happy for you! <3

Holly Rae said...

Anne Congrats!!! This is pretty sic! Well, after you get the job you need to take a vacay to Missoula for a little congratulatory hike to the top of a local mountain/alpine lake of your choice! Can't wait to hear!

Post a Comment